Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Delicious pancakes, kick-ass blender and better races

Baie-St. Paul went pretty well for me. It seemed to be more of a running race, than a bike race, but thats okay. By my reckoning there was about 30% running and 70% biking (by distance), or 45%, and 55% respectively, by time. Quite a muddy slog. Some people were saying that they should have re-routed the trails, in order to make a more rideable course, but I think it was fun. Having said that, the race wreaked havoc on the trail system, and they will probably have to re-build most of the trails there. Oh yeah, I came 11th, and netted some elusive UCI points.

Hardwood was a tough race. I had a great start, but I think I raced within my limits too much. I felt fairly fresh at the end. Gotta get more agressive! finished off 14th, after a nasty fall going into the last corner, and getting ready for the sprint finish.

After Hardwood, I headed up to Camp Wabanaki for 2 days of trailbuilding. It was probably some of the most fun trailbuilding i've ever done. We were just building a skills park for the kids up there, and it was good times. A nice cool swim after a day spent in the woods is just pure heaven. Anyone who likes swimming in the ocean has clearly never been at a canadian cottage in the summer. Pure Bliss.

Anyways, I recently became the co-owner of a Vitamix, and I have been putting her through her paces pretty well, averaging about 3 extensive uses per day. I came up with some super solid pancakes today. here's the recipe:

Gluten free extra healthy pancakes
ingredients:
-1/3 cup almond flour (I just ground the almonds in the Vitamix)
-2/3 Cup rice flour (also made in the vitamix)
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 banana
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
-3 eggs
-1 cup almond, or soy, or regular milk
-10 dates

Mix everything in the blender. If you don't have a blender, then just mix it up, and use sugar instead of dates. The Almonds work instead of using oil in the recipe. If you have a over-ripe apple, throw it in there too!
Blend everything up until it is quite liquid. If its too thick, add a few tbsp of water.

put on the griddle one pancake at a time. This should be enough for 2 moderately hungry people, or 1 athlete.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment